This recipe involves cooking the pancake in the oven rather than in a frying pan on the hob. It makes a slightly thicker pancake which is great as a dessert idea. The pancake itself is free on No Count but I drizzled over 4 tsps choc shot making the whole thing 2 points. If tracking, the whole pancake would be 11 points (plus any choc shot you add to it).
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 75g blitzed oats
- 240ml skimmed milk
- a tsp salt
- 2 flat tbsp Splenda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Mix together the oats, 3 tsp Splenda, salt and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Whisk in the milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Set to one side while you cook the apples.
- Spray a frying pan with Frylight. Add the apple and lemon juice, and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 2 tsp Splenda and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Transfer the apples to an ovenproof dish and pour the batter over the top. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Drizzle with choc shot (optional). I also sprinkled the top with Natvia icing mix (available online).