At just 1sp a slice on No Count, this is definitely a favourite of mine!
Ingredients (serves 7):
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 100g oats blitzed in a food processor
- 100g oat bran
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 70g Flora light
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp Myprotein butterscotch sugar-free syrup
- a tbsp lemon juice
- Mash the bananas and mix in the 2 eggs, Myprotein syrup and lemon juice. Set to one side.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oats, oat bran, mixed spice and baking powder.
- Rub in the Flora with your fingers.
- Pour the banana mixture into this bowl and stir together.
- Put in a cake tin and bake on 170C for about 45 mins. Check if it is cooked all the way through by using a knife.
- Cut into 7 pieces for 1 point each.
Serve with fresh fruit and 2 tsp choc shot for an extra point.
Or you could have it with a serving of custard. Make up a sachet of Bird’s low fat custard powder with a pint of skimmed milk (return to the pan to thicken it up) and you can have 60g for 1 point.
*The banana cake can last for up to three days, if kept in a fridge. I prefer it warmed up in a microwave too.