This is Marie’s brilliant dessert – inspired by ‘GBBO’! It’s just 1sp on No Count and 3sp on WW Flex (plus a further optional 1sp for a drizzle of Choc Shot). It’s suitable for vegetarians and vegans too. (I’ve just made it and it’s so delicious!)
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 pint of skimmed milk (or soya milk for vegans)
- 20g cocoa powder
- 32g cornflour
- 1 tbsp Truvia or a sweetener of your choice
- 4 bananas
- Sieve the cocoa powder and add cornflour.
- Add a little milk from your pint and mix to a paste.
- Warm the rest of the milk in a saucepan until almost boiling. Add the milk to the cocoa mixture stirring well as you do so.
- Return to the saucepan and bring to simmer: simmer for a minute.
- Turn the heat off, allow to cool a little and add your granulated sweetener to taste. I add around a tbsp of Truvia but it depends how sweet you like it.
- Pour over a banana or use as a chocolate custard for desserts or trifle.
You can also do a vanilla version using a tsp of vanilla paste instead of cocoa.