Here’s a real taste of Christmas! These mincemeat scones are slightly smaller than the blueberry ones in order to keep the points as low as possible – they are 2 points each on No Count (and totally worth it!). If tracking they are quite high at 4.5 points each (you would have to decide whether to count one as 4 or 5 points).
Ingredients (makes 8):
- 200g oats, blitzed in food processor
- 2 flat tbsp Splenda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 60g mincemeat (9 points)
- 70g Flora light (7 points)
- 3 tbsp skimmed milk
- Mix the blitzed oats, Splenda, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the Flora and rub together with fingers.
- Whisk the egg with the milk and add to the mixture.
- Add the mincemeat and really stir this into the mixture so that the flavour spreads everywhere.
- Divide into 8 and place on a baking tray.
- Put in the oven on 200C for 12 mins.
Serve with Skyr natural yogurt and No Count jam (see www.lovingnocount.com/no-count-jam/ ).
*They will last for a couple of days but do taste better warmed up in the microwave. They also freeze very well.
NB: Please read the information regarding blitzed oats, in the FAQ section, if you haven’t already done so.