I made this recipe for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at just how creamy it tasted with the ingredients that had been used. It’s definitely one to try – especially if you’re looking for a new recipe to add to your weekly plan.
Because this meal uses a few ‘zero heroes’, it is just 1 point on No Count and 9 points if following WW Flex.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into slices
- 280g wholewheat penne pasta
- 16g Flora light (4g per person is free)
- 20g plain flour (5g is free)
- 200ml skimmed milk
- 65g (Tesco) reduced fat green pesto (4 points)
- 64g Philadelphia lightest (16g is free)
- a courgette, diced
- 4 leeks, sliced
- 50g Protein cheese, grated (26g per person is free)
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water.
- Spray a wok/large frying pan with Frylight and cook the leeks and courgette together. Leave to one side while you cook the chicken in the same pan. You will need to spray it with Frylight again.
- Meanwhile, melt the Flora in a separate pan and add a splash of the milk. Turn the heat down while you put in a bit of the flour and mix with a hand whisk. Keep adding a bit of milk and a bit of flour, whisking all the time, until it is all mixed together smoothly.
- Stir in the Philadelphia lightest, followed by the pesto. Keep stirring with the hand whisk until the sauce is simmering.
- Hopefully, by this time everything will be cooked and ready to bring together. Add the leeks and courgettes to the chicken and warm them through again.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the chicken, leeks and courgettes.
- Finally, pour over the sauce and carefully fold it all in together.
- Serve and sprinkle over the Protein cheese. Enjoy!