No Count ‘Fish Fingers’
Given the thumbs up by my son Ben who helped to make it!
- 500g skinless and boneless white fish
- 4 slices Warburton’s wholemeal medium sliced bread
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- black pepper
- Blitz the bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs.
- Add the mixed herbs and a dash of black pepper.
- Mix the eggs and lemon juice together in a bowl; season.
- Slice the fish into ‘fingers’.
- Dip each piece of fish into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Put on a baking tray (sprayed with Frylight) and bake in the oven on 180C for about 20 minutes.
Served here with mashed potatoes (add skimmed milk, a heaped tbsp 0% Yeo Valley creme fraiche, salt and pepper), carrots and peas.