This latest spice sachet from SpiceNtice is absolutely fantastic: such a delicious meal! Hubby and I can’t wait to try it again!
It is free on No Count. If following WW Flex, the sauce is 0sp but you would need to track the meat and the pasta you served it with.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g 5% fat minced beef
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- a large egg, beaten
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 500g passata
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sweetener
- the Meatball Marinara spice sachet from SpiceNtice
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the meat in a bowl and add one chopped onion, one garlic clove, the egg, a tsp of salt and half of the SpiceNtice sachet. Mix the ingredients together and then form into golf ball sized meatballs – I made 20.
- Place the meatballs on a non-stick oven tray and spray over a low-cal oil spray. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Spray a large pan with low cal spray and cook the other onion for a few minutes, then add 2 cloves of garlic. Cook for a few seconds.
- Stir in the passata, 1/2 tsp of salt, the sweetener, balsamic vinegar, 150ml water and the other half of the SpiceNtice sachet.
- Put a lid on the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the meatballs are cooked, add them to the sauce in the pan and simmer for about 10 mins (with the lid on).
- Served here with wholemeal pasta and 20g of grated Protein cheese.
- This is a real treat! Enjoy!