Thank you Mands (@mands5781 on Connect) for this amazing recipe! These are 2sp each on No Count and WW Flex although there is the option to use oats instead of flour to reduce these down to 1sp each on NC.
Ingredients (makes 6):
- 5 fresh dates
- 1 banana
- 30g lurpak lightest
- 30g sukrin gold sweetener
- 1 tbsp 0% Greek yoghurt
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 50g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Myprotein sugar-free maple syrup (available at the Myprotein store online)
- Chop and pit the dates and put them in a pan. Cover with water and simmer until softened. Blitz to a purée.
- Mash the banana and mix with the dates.
- Beat in the lurpak, sweetener, eggs, vanilla, yoghurt, mixed spice and ginger until a very smooth batter.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix well into the batter.
- Divide the mixture into 6 muffin moulds (I used silicone) and bake on 190C for 20-25mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While still warm, brush the tops of each of the muffins with the Myprotein syrup and leave to cool.
Served with 8g of salted caramel sauce for 2sp, and vanilla ice cream (which you’d need to point).
To bring these down to 1sp each on #nocount substitute the flour for ready oats – maybe 35-40g rather than the full 50g.
If you can’t find fresh dates, beware substituting with dried dates as this will rack up the SP – 5 dried dates are 12sp!! So maybe use another sweet ripe fruit such as plums or figs.