Blackberry and Lemon Cake
I loved the flavour of the blackberry and lemon in the blondies I added to the site a few weeks ago, so I decided to bake a cake using the same flavours. This is a rich, dense cake and each slice is a good size and very filling!
No Count: 1sp a slice
WW Freestyle: 3sp a slice
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 100g oats
- 50g Ready Brek (powdered oats)
- 30g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 30g Natvia sweetener (or other 0sp sweetener)
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- the zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 40g Flora light (melted)
- 100g low fat natural yogurt (use fat free if following WW Freestyle)
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 150g blackberries (halved or quartered)
- Preheat the oven to 170C (fan).
- Take a mixing bowl and add the bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, Flora and yogurt and mix together.
- Add the oats, flour, Ready Brek, baking powder, mixed spice and sweetener and stir until it is all mixed together.
- Stir in the lemon juice and two thirds of the zest.
- Finally, add the blackberries and carefully stir in.
- Pour into a silicone loaf tin and sprinkle the remaining lemon zest over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 – 50 mins. To check that it is cooked all the way through, insert a skewer and it should come out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving.
I keep this in a sealed container in the fridge where it will last for up to 4 days.