A dessert that’s great for the whole family, and just 1 point per serving on No Count! If tracking, it’s 5sp a slice.
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 300g oats, blitzed in food processor
- a pinch of salt
- 2 flat tbsp Splenda
- 80g Flora light (8 points)
- a sachet of blackcurrant flavour sugar-free jelly
- No Count blackberry jam (see recipe under ‘Desserts’)
- Make up the jelly using ½ pint boiling water and ¼ pint cold water. Leave to cool.
- Mix the oats, salt and Splenda before rubbing in the Flora.
- Add 6 tbsp cold water and knead into a ball.
- Using your hands, press the mixture into a round cake tin that has a removable bottom. Mould it so that there is an edge all the way round. (See pic below.)
- Cook in a pre-heated oven on 190C for 20 mins and then leave this base to cool.
- Once the base is cooled, cover the bottom of it with No Count blackberry jam.
- Place the blackberries on the jam.
- Pour in the cooled jelly and leave in the fridge overnight to set.
Served here with Bird’s low fat custard powder. Make up a sachet of custard powder with a pint of skimmed milk (return to the pan to thicken it up) and you can have 60g for 1 point.