This makes an ideal breakfast as it can be kept for a couple of days in the fridge. I take a couple of slices to work and heat them up in the microwave. They are free on No Count and the whole recipe makes enough for two – so 4sp each.
Ingredients (makes 6 slices):
- 60g oats (I use a supermarket own brand for this)
- 200ml skimmed milk
- 2 eggs
- a tsp mixed spice
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- two apples, chopped into small pieces
- 70g blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C.
- Mix the oats, mixed spice and salt, and scatter half of it into a silicone sandwich case/tin.
- Scatter half of the apples and blueberries over this.
- Whisk the milk, eggs and vanilla essence before pouring half over the oat mixture and fruit.
- Scatter over the rest of the oats, followed by the fruit and finally the rest of the milk mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes.
You can swap the blueberries for cherries which is also a great combination. This is half a portion which would be free on No Count or 5 points on WW Flex (served with fat free natural yogurt).