This lunch/starter serves four people. The dips and bruschetta topping can be made and stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
It goes really well with the cheese scones (in the centre of the photo).
The bruschetta and dips are just 1 point each, per serving, on No Count and 4 points if tracking.
No Count Beetroot and Mint Dip (serves 4)
(If tracking, it is free.)
- 200g 0% fat Greek style yogurt
- 130g beetroot
- a tsp dried mint or a few fresh mint leaves
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz together.
- Put into a sealed container and leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
Hummus (serves 4)
(It is 1 point per serving on No Count and 1 point if tracking.)
- 200g chickpeas, drained from juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp low fat natural yogurt
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz.
- Put in a sealed container and leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
No Count Bruschetta (serves 4)
(If tracking, it is 3 points per serving.)
- 8 slices of WW brown Danish loaf (or other No Count bread)
- 2 tsp olive oil (from daily allowance)
- an onion
- 4 medium tomatoes
- a garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- Make the topping first. Blitz the onion in a food processor and chop up the tomatoes into very small pieces.
- Mix the tomatoes and onion together. Drizzle the olive oil over the top and season to taste. (You could add a crushed garlic clove too if you wanted to.)
- Mix it all together and leave in a sealed container in the fridge, until ready to serve.
- You can either cut the bread into 2 or 4 triangles or use a round cutter to have round pieces.
- Spray each piece of bread with Frylight.
- Cook the bread in a preheated oven (180C) for five minutes.
- Cut the garlic clove in half and rub on the bread.
- Add the topping and serve.
You can have 4 olives free on WW or 14 for 1 point.
The cheese scones go great with the bruschetta and dips. View the recipe at: www.lovingnocount.com/cheese-scones/