Cajun Salmon with Mexican Bean Rice
This week's recipe has kindly been provided by Mands: @mands5781 on Connect/ @mandst_ww_tortoise on Instagram.
I made it this week and absolutely loved it - and so did hubby! It's definitely one to try:-)
No Count: free
WW Freestyle: 2sp
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 salmon fillets
- Cajun Spice Mix
- shallots or a red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- a courgette, diced
- a red pepper, diced
- corn off a cob (or a small tin of corn)
- a tbsp passata
- a tsp chipotle paste
- a tsp smoked paprika
- 300g tin of cooked mixed beans in water
- 60g brown rice
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice. (You can steam the rice if you wish.)
- Take the fillets of salmon and sprinkle them with Cajun Spice Mix and bake for 20mins on 190C.
- Meanwhile, take a deep pan or wok and heat some coconut cooking spray (from the Groovy Food Company).
- Add the shallots (or red onion), garlic, courgette, red pepper and the corn.
- Gently cook and add the passata, smoked paprika and chipotle paste after a few minutes.
- When cooked, add the mixed beans and season.
- Mix the vegetable and bean mix with the rice and serve with the salmon.