Cheese and Onion Pasta with Roasted Veg
This recipe came about when I had planned to make macaroni cheese but wanted to try to make a more No Count friendly version. I also had an onion left so decided to combine the two. Result: a very tasty, very filling meal:-)
No Count: 1sp WW Freestyle: 7sp
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 120g wholemeal penne
- 70g quark
- 32g Philadelphia lightest (16g per person is 0sp)
- 54g WW reduced fat grated cheese (27g per person is 1sp)
- a small onion, diced
- roasting veg – a courgette, a red, yellow and green pepper, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan).
- Slice the courgette and peppers and place all the roasting veg on a non-stick oven tray. Spray with a bit of Frylight and cook for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the onion for about 5 minutes. If following No Count you could use your daily oil allowance (I used a tbsp of olive oil for two of us) or you could use Frylight.
- Mix together the quark and Philadelphia, and season. Add this to the pan with the onion and mix together. Add a tbsp cold water and mix this in too. Leave this pan on the low heat for a couple of minutes to warm through.
- Drain the pasta and add to the pan with the onion mixture. Stir and mix together before adding the grated cheese and stirring this through too.
- Serve the cheese and onion pasta with the roasted veg. I added a sprinkling of oregano on top too.