I’ve been meaning to make these for a while and I’m so glad I did. They go brilliantly with the ‘Bruschetta and Dips’ as a lunch or as a starter. They can seem quite hard on the outside but they are soft in the middle.
I’ve used a Laughing Cow extra light cheese triangle to spread on the scones in the picture – one of these is free on No Count and 2 of the cheese triangles are 1 point.
The scones are just 1 point each on No Count or 3 points if tracking. (If tracking, you could replace the oats with plain flour.)
Ingredients (makes 9 small ones):
- 200g oats, blitzed in food processor
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 50g Protein cheese
- 70g Flora light
- 3 tbsp skimmed milk
- a pineapple ring (optional)
- Mix the blitzed oats, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the Flora and rub together with fingers.
- Whisk the egg with the milk and add to the mixture.
- Add the Protein cheese and knead the mixture together.
- I made six small scones and then added a blitzed pineapple ring to the remainder of the mixture to make three scones with cheese and pineapple.
- Put in the oven on 200C for 15-20 mins.