I’ve had it in mind to try this recipe with extra large mushrooms for a while, and finally got around to it while I was on holiday in Devon. They make a great carb-free lunch and are extremely filling! Two of them are free on No Count and, if tracking, they are 1 point for two.
You can swap the bacon medallions for tuna which makes two of them free on WW Freestyle.
Ingredients (makes 4):
- 4 extra large mushrooms
- 4 bacon medallions, cut into small pieces
- 4 cherry tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 3 eggs
- 50g Protein cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the stalks off the mushrooms and scoop out part of the middle to leave enough space for the other ingredients. (Take care not to pierce the bottom of the mushroom or the egg will leak out.)
- Mix the eggs together and season to taste. Divide this mixture between the mushrooms.
- Share the bacon and tomatoes between the mushrooms and drop into the egg mixture.
- Place the mushrooms on an oven tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the mushrooms out, sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Served here with a side salad. Enjoy!
Here’s my first video for the website – No Count Baked Mushrooms. (Apologies if the sound isn’t working for you: it is only working on some devices at the moment.)