This was inspired by my best friend who relocated over to America and the meal that reminds me of her is meatloaf. Hence the decision to have a go at making it for the very first time, and it was absolutely delicious! The whole meatloaf is 2 points on No Count so the whole meal is just 1 point on No Count (with the potatoes, veg and gravy). If following WW Freestyle, the whole meatloaf is 26 points. (You could lower the points by using an alternative to olive oil and choosing turkey mince as one of your mince options.)
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 250g 5% fat beef mince
- 500g 5% fat pork mince
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- a carrot, an onion and 2 celery sticks all blitzed in a food processor
- 2 slices of WW brown Danish bread, blitzed in food processor (you can use alternatives that are free on no count)
- a handful of parsley, blitzed in food processor
- a tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (1 point)
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup (50% less sugar) (1 point)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Fry the carrot, onion and celery in the 2 tsp of olive oil for about five minutes before adding the garlic and cooking for a further couple of minutes.
- Put the pork and beef mince, breadcrumbs, parsley, mixed herbs, Worcestershire sauce and tomato ketchup in a bowl and mix together.
- Add in the vegetables and stir it all together. Season to taste.
- Put all the mixture in a rectangular cake tin – I used a silicone one – and cook for about an hour.
Served here with peas, mushrooms, roast potatoes (sprayed with Frylight and sprinkled with salt) and gravy.
(I used chicken stock to make the gravy and Bisto powder.)