This is the first time I’ve ever made a katsu curry and I wish I hadn’t left it as long: it’s absolutely delicious! I have amended the SpiceNtice recipe, ever so slightly, to make this free on No Count. The meal would be 6sp on WW Freestyle (including the rice).
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 600ml chicken stock (use one stock cube to make it)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Splenda (or other sweetener)
- 20g plain flour
- 1 slice Hovis medium wholemeal (or other NC bread), blitzed into breadcrumbs]
- 1 tbsp olive oil (use Frylight if following WW Freestyle)
- SpiceNtice Katsu Curry spice sachet
- Place the chicken breasts in cling film and flatten with a rolling pin. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat the oil in a wok/deep frying pan. Add the onions and carrots and cook for 5 – 10 mins.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the flour, soy sauce, Splenda and stock.
- Add the SpiceNtice sachet and bring to the boil.
- While waiting, dip the chicken breasts in the egg and then coat in breadcrumbs. Lay on a baking tray and spray with Frylight.
- Simmer the sauce for 20 minutes before blitzing with a hand blender for a smooth consistency.
- Put the chicken in the oven and cook for about 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Slice the chicken breast diagonally and serve with 50g brown rice. Drizzle the Katu sauce over and enjoy!
You can get 20% off all SpiceNtice orders by using the code HH20 at the checkout. View: www.spicentice.com