This is a delicious sauce and goes very nicely with a chilled glass of white wine, if you have the weeklies to spare. It is free on No Count and 5sp on WW Freestyle; you would also need to point any rice or potatoes you served with it.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 pork steaks with any fat removed
- an onion, diced
- a garlic clove, crushed
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 150ml chicken stock
- 200g Yeo Valley 0% creme fraiche
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pork steaks – either in the oven or fried using Frylight. I cooked it in the oven on 180C for 40 mins.
- Prepare the sauce when the pork is nearly ready.
- Spray a deep frying pan/wok with Frylight and cook the mushrooms, onion and garlic for about 5 mins.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil; let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the crème fraiche, mustard and season. Stir in and allow to simmer for another couple of mins.
Served here with brown rice, cauliflower and broccoli mash.