A delicious alternative to a popular dish – free on No Count and 11 points if tracking.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g beef mince 5% fat
- an onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 2 x 400g chopped tomatoes
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 280g wholemeal penne pasta (dried weight)
- 200g Yeo Valley 0% crème fraiche
- 100g Protein cheese, grated (25g each is free)
- Brown the mince. Add the onion and cook for five minutes, while stirring.
- Add the garlic, chipotle paste and chopped tomatoes, and season well. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a lidded oven dish and add the mushrooms. Place in a pre-heated oven (180C) for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta. Once the pasta is cooked, stir in the crème fraiche and season well. Stir in half the grated cheese.
- Take the mince out of the oven and put the pasta on top. Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese over.
- Place back in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Served here with broccoli and cauliflower mash – I use a dessertspoon of Yeo Valley Crème fraiche and seasoned well.