A delicious winter-warmer recipe!
Just 1 point per person on No Count (for the Bisto). If tracking, you would need to track the beef used as it varies from 4 to 7 points. You would then just need to add a further point for the Bisto and weigh and track any potatoes used.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- two beef steaks
- 3 pieces of celery
- 8 mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1 courgette
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- a tsp mixed herbs
- 2 heaped tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 heaped tsp Bisto
- Chop up all the vegetables and put in the slow cooker.
- Add the beef steaks and season.
- Add the mixed herbs and bay leaves.
- Mix the Bisto into a paste with a small amount of water.
- Gradually pour 200ml water into the paste, mixing all the time.
- Add the wholegrain mustard to this mixture and stir.
- Pour the mixture over the beef and veg.
My slow cooker is not that slow! So I cook this for about 4 or 5 hours on Low. You can add more water if the gravy thickens too much or add a bit more Bisto if it’s not thick enough.
It can be served with oven-roasted potatoes (sprayed with Frylight and sprinkled with salt) or mashed potatoes (with skimmed milk and a tbsp 0% Yeo Valley creme fraiche).