Just 2 points per person on No Count – and well worth it!
Ingredients (serves 3):
- 4 beef steaks
- 4 celery sticks
- 1 onion
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1 orange
- 200ml beef stock
- 3 tbsps plain flour (6 points)
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- Trim any fat from the meat and cut into chunks. Season well and put in the slow cooker.
- Add the thinly sliced onion and chopped up celery.
- Add the zest and juice of the orange, along with all the other ingredients.
- Season well with ground black pepper and stir.
- My slow cooker is not slow at all so I cook this on ‘Low’ for about 4 hours.
Serve with oven-roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes (using skimmed milk and 0% Yeo Valley creme fraiche).