The second soup of the season: a delightful combination with the sweetness from the red pepper providing a lovely flavour. It is free on No Count or 1 point per serving, if tracking.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- a butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- a tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sage
- a tsp of finely chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 210g tin of chickpeas, drained
- a tsp paprika
- a tsp ground cumin
- a tsp ground coriander
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Put the bns and red pepper into an ovenproof dish.
- Pour over the olive oil and add the ginger and garlic. Sprinkle over the paprika, cumin and coriander before mixing it all together with your hands.
- Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the chickpeas into a pan and add the sage. Once, the bns and red pepper is ready, add this to the pan along with the veg stock.
- Stir and season to taste.
- Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- I used an electric hand whisk to make the soup smoother, but I did leave a few chunks in it.
Served here with a sandwich thin – spread with an extra light Laughing Cow cheese triangle, and topped with salad and four olives (all free on No Count).