Here’s another variation on Mandy’s original ‘Blondies’ recipe. They are two for 1sp on No Count and if following WW Freestyle, they are 1sp each or 2 for 3sp. A fab snack or great as a dessert with fruit and natural yogurt.
Ingredients (makes 10):
- 50g ready oats (eg: Asda Ready Oats/Ready Brek)
- 10g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (or other sugar-free syrup)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 50g low fat natural yoghurt (use fat free on WW Flex)
- a pinch of salt
- 20g chopped hazelnuts (2g per person is free)
- 4 fresh figs, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Mash the bananas and beat well with the egg yolks, sugar-free syrup, vanilla extract and yoghurt.
- Lightly whisk the egg white and fold in.
- Add the oats, flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the hazelnuts and figs.
- Pour into a greaseproof papered brownie tin.
- Bake on 180C for 15 – 20 mins.
- Allow to cool in the brownie tin and cut into portions.
This dessert uses two of the ‘blondies’, making it 1sp on No Count or 3sp if following WW Flex: Total 0% Greek yogurt with a squirt of sugar-free maple syrup and strawberries complement the ‘blondies’ perfectly.