I decided to have a go at making these but wanted to make sure the ‘pastry’ tasted good so I decided to use the Lemon ‘Oatie’ recipe (with a slight amendment) for the base. It worked a treat – and they taste delicious with the No Count jam. They are free on No Count – if tracking, they are 3 points each.
Ingredients (makes 8):
- 85g Mornflake oatmeal
- 80g blitzed oats
- 2 flat tbsp Splenda/Truvia/Natvia/Canderel
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- the zest and juice of one lemon
- 30g plain flour for rolling out the dough (5g per person is free)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the oatmeal, oats, Splenda, lemon zest, salt and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Stir in the oil, lemon juice and 50ml hot water.
- Scatter the 30g plain flour on the kitchen top and roll out the dough. Use a pastry cutter to cut out 8 circles.
- Put these into a muffin tray and gently press them down so that they fit into the mould.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Once they have cooled, fill each one with No Count jam.
(The No Count jam recipe can be found here: www.lovingnocount/no-count-jam/ )
This is the oatmeal I use: