I've used self-raising flour in this recipe which I don't normally use on No Count, but it's worth it to be able to enjoy a piece of this cake with an afternoon cup of tea:-) There’s a lovely combination of flavours and it’s definitely worth the 2sp a slice on No Count or just 3sp if following WW Freestyle. It's great with or without the topping!
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 100g oats
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 60g Flora light
- 3 eggs
- 2 flat tbsp Sukrin gold or other sweetener
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- a small mango, cut into pieces
- 250ml 0% Total yogurt
- 4g of a sachet of sugar-free jelly (you may want to use more or less, depending upon taste, but this helps to thicken the yogurt a bit)
- 16g chopped walnuts (2g per person is 0sp)
- Mash the bananas and mix in the 3 eggs, skimmed milk and Flora (melted). Set to one side.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oats, flour, Sukrin gold and mixed spice.
- Pour the banana mixture into this bowl and stir together.
- Add the mango and mix it in.
- Put in a cake tin (I use a silicone one) and bake on 170C for about 40 mins. Check if it is cooked all the way through using a skewer.
- Leave the cake to cool.
- To make the topping, mix the yogurt and sugar-free jelly together.
- Spread over the cake and sprinkle the walnuts on top.
(The cake would be the same amount of points with or without the topping. It can be kept in the fridge for about 3 days.)