Fancy something a bit different for lunch? Try this recipe which was very kindly provided by Shona, a WW member. I’ve tried them and they make a super, delicious and filling lunch; hubby really enjoyed this one! Each fritter would be 2 points, if tracking.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- a carrot, grated
- a courgette, grated
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- a handful each of coriander and parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oat bran
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Laughing Cow lightest cheese triangles
- Mix the carrot, courgette, spring onion, garlic, coriander and parsley.
- Beat the eggs and mix in the oat bran, then blend in the cheese triangles.
- Mix the egg mixture with the veg mixture.
- Spray a frying pan with Frylight and cook half the mixture first. Shape the fritter when it’s just been put into the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes each side, turning once or twice. They will go quite dark brown, but they still taste amazing!
Served here with bacon medallions and cherry tomatoes.