Apple Cinnamon Donuts
Many thanks to Mands for this recipe. It’s a variation on her baked oats recipe: ideal for breakfast or an afternoon snack! I made these whilst up in Scotland last week and they were perfect for our picnics.
No Count: free
WW Freestyle: 2sp for all 12!
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 1 banana - mashed
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 tbsp 0% Greek yoghurt
- 22g oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 large tbsp of apple puree (To purée just peel, chop and poach 2 apples in some water and a bit of sweetener if you like, then break up with a fork.)
- a good pinch of cinnamon and mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 185C.
- Mix the above ingredients together.
- Spoon into a silicone donut mould and bake for 20mins.
- Flip out onto a baking tray and bake for another 10mins to brown up the underside too.
- For the topping mix 20g quark with vanilla skinny syrup and vanilla bean paste. Spread it on when the donuts have cooled.