I’ve been meaning to try this for a while – it’s a larger version of my raspberry puddings that were posted a while ago. I came across a picture of a similar pudding in the new WW Flex cookbook which gave me the idea of adding the flaked almonds. It was delicious, a really filling pudding, and given the thumbs up by mum and mil! A quarter of this is free on No Count and a half would be 1sp (because of the almonds). If following WW Freestyle, a sixth would be 3sp and a quarter would be 4sp.
Ingredients (serves 4 – 6):
- 100g oats (blitzed in the food processor)
- 3 eggs
- 400ml skimmed milk
- a flat tbsp Splenda (or other sweetener)
- a tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (I used the Myprotein one, available online)
- a selection of fruit
- 8g flaked almonds (or 12g if serving 6 people)
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C.
- Mix the oats and Splenda.
- Whisk the milk, sugar-free syrup and eggs together and pour into the oat mixture. Whisk this together.
- Pour into a non-stick oven tin – I used one that was 9 inches in diameter.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the fruit in the mixture – I used raspberries and blackberries but you could use blueberries or cherries as well.
- Place back into the oven and cook for a further 35 to 40 mins. (Keep checking it as you need to make sure that the centre is cooked through.)
- Remove from the oven and scatter the almonds over the top.
- Serve with low fat natural yogurt for no points or you could use a few points on low fat custard.
NB: If you haven’t already done so, please read the information about blitzed oats in the FAQ section of the website.