Here's my third soup of the season: it's a rather thick broth which is ideal for the colder winter days - delicious and filling too! It's free on No Count and 5 points on WW Freestyle.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 150g dried split peas
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small pieces (the weight is the peeled weight)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp dried mint
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- a red onion, chopped
- 6 bacon medallions, cooked and cut into small pieces
- Spray a pan with Frylight and cook the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes – use a saucepan with a lid.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, apart from the bacon medallions, and season well.
- Cook for about an hour, stirring occasionally. You might need to add a little more water if needed.
- Add the cooked, chopped bacon medallions and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- You can serve the soup as it is or blend it to produce a smoother soup.