Here is the first of this week’s new recipes: a tasty and filling meal, using cider to add a different flavour. Just 1 point per serving on No Count and 7 points per serving if tracking (including 50g rice).
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 4 bacon medallions, cut into pieces
- 6 celery sticks, chopped
- an onion, cut into wedges
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tsps wholegrain mustard
- a chicken stock cube
- 3 tbsp Yeo Valley 0% crème fraiche
- 250ml dry cider (4 points)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Put the chicken, bacon, celery, mushrooms and onion into a casserole dish, and sprinkle the stock cube over the top.
- Pour the cider into a jug, add the mustard and stir. Pour over the chicken and season well.
- Cook in the oven for an hour, stirring once after half an hour.
- Take out and stir in the crème fraiche. Enjoy!
Served here with brown rice (50g per person if following WW).