Another great dish that is quick and easy to make – lovely to walk in to the smell of this cooking after a busy day! It is free on No Count or 2 points if tracking (you would also need to weigh and track any potatoes).
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 4 flat tbsp oatbran
- a tsp mixed herbs
- a pack of small button mushrooms
- 8 bacon medallions, cut into pieces
- 8 shallots
- 600ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 50g frozen peas
- Put the oatbran in a bowl, add the mixed herbs and season.
- Add the chicken pieces to the oatbran mixture and mix, coating the pieces with the oatbran.
- Put these chicken pieces into the slow cooker with the mushrooms, shallots, chicken stock, white wine vinegar, bacon medallions and season.
- Cook on Low for four hours. Add the peas for the last 15 minutes.
Served here with new potatoes, carrots and peas. The Yorkshire pudding is 2 points.