Many thanks to Mands (@mands5781) for this amazing recipe and photograph!
These delicious Blondies (a twist on their brownie cousins) will help you through any late afternoon sugar lull – perfect with a cuppa! They are just 1sp each on No Count or Freestyle.
Ingredients (makes 9):
- 32g ready oats (eg: Asda Ready Oats/Ready Brek)
- 13g ground almonds
- 15g sweetener of your preference
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 50g fat free natural yoghurt
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- a pinch of salt
- 40g raspberries – pulled into halves gently
- 15g white chocolate chips
- 10g freeze dried raspberries
- Mash the bananas and beat well with the egg yolks, vanilla, sweetener and yoghurt.
- Lightly whisk the egg white and fold in.
- Add the oats, ground almonds, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Reserve appx 1/3 of the raspberries, freeze dried raspberries and white chocolate chips until the end, and add the other 2/3 into the mix.
- Pour into a greaseproof papered brownie tin, and add the rest of the dried and fresh raspberries and white chocolate to the top.
- Bake on 180C for 25mins.
- Allow to cool in the brownie tin and cut into portions.