This is the best bolognese I’ve tried yet on No Count and it’s just 1 point per serving! If tracking, it is 10 points per serving.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 500g minced beef (5% fat)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 650ml hot beef stock
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2 flat tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 flat tbsp cornflour (2 points)
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 280g dry wholewheat pasta
- ground black pepper
- Brown the mince in a pan before transferring it to a slow cooker.
- Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic.
- Add the beef stock, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano and season with black pepper and salt.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Mix the cornflour with the cold water and stir into the bolognese.
- Add the pasta and stir well.
- Continue to cook on high for a further hour.
Served here with carrots and broccoli.