This is a real treat! Each piece of shortbread works out at 1 point so the dessert in the photo would be 2 points on No Count. These are rather high if tracking.
Ingredients (makes 4):
- 250g oats, blitzed in food processor
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp Splenda
- 75g Flora extra light (8sp)
- 125ml skimmed milk
- 8 tbsp Skyr natural yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Myprotein sugar-free butterscotch syrup
- 2 peaches or nectarines, sliced
- 2 plums sliced
- Heat the oven to 190C and spray a baking tin with Frylight.
- Combine the oats, baking powder, ginger and Splenda in a bowl.
- Rub in the Flora until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Stir in the milk with a knife until just combined, then knead into a soft dough.
- Press the dough into the baking tin until it is about ¾ cm thick. Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins before cutting it into 8 slices. Leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix the yogurt with the vanilla extract and butterscotch syrup.
- Layer the shortcake, yogurt and fruit as shown in the picture.
You could cut the shortbread into more pieces if you wish – just alter the points value per slice. It would also be great with different selections of fruit - enjoy!