I’ve only developed a taste for olives in the past couple of years, so like to include them in recipes where I can – and use one of my weekly points in doing so:-) This is a very quick and easy to make dish: just 1 point on No Count (for the whole meal) and 1 point if tracking (not including the potatoes and veg mash).
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 small onions or 1 large one, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 750g fresh baby plum tomatoes
- 95g pitted olives
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 level tbsp tomato puree
- a tsp of mixed herbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Put the chicken breasts in a casserole dish and add the onion, garlic, olives and tomatoes.
- Mix the tomato puree with the stock and pour into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle in the mixed herbs and season.
- Cook for 40 minutes with the lid on, then stir and put back into the oven without the lid for a further 30 minutes.
Served here with roasted new potatoes and cauliflower and broccoli mash (I added a tbsp of 0% Yeo Valley creme fraiche and seasoning).