Asparagus is one of the foods I have really enjoyed since doing No Count. I can’t believe I rarely ate it before as it’s so versatile and tastes great too!
This recipe has been adapted from a cookbook I have. It is 1 point per serving on No Count and 8 points per serving if tracking (with the rice).
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
- a pack of asparagus
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- a bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (2 tsp per serving is 0 points)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Splenda
- 2 tbsp olive oil (0 points if used from daily allowance)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- a tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Mix together 1 tsp cornflour, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar and 1 tsp Splenda and use this as a marinade for the chicken. Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the garlic and ginger. Fry for a minute before adding the chicken and asparagus.
- Cook, while stirring, until the chicken is nearly cooked through before adding the spring onions and mushrooms.
- Cook for a further 4 minutes and then add the remaining soy sauce, Splenda, rice wine vinegar and 2 tbsp water. Bring to the boil.
- Mix the remaining cornflour with a bit of cold water and add to the wok. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
Served here with 50g brown rice.