There aren’t many breakfast cereals on the No Count list, but I am a fan of oats. It’s so easy to make overnight oats the night before and then pop them in a bag to take to work. I also enjoy porridge made the traditional way as well as baked oats.
When I started the No Count plan, one of the things I really wasn’t looking forward to was having skimmed milk. I’ve tried it so many times over the years and just haven’t liked it. I began by using unsweetened almond milk before gradually introducing the skimmed milk and much prefer it now. You can also have Arla ‘best of both’ milk which is fat-free skimmed milk with the taste of semi-skimmed.
Click on the words or pictures to view the breakfast recipes:
Here are a few other ideas for breakfast:
- Crumpets or toasted Warburton’s medium sliced bread with poached or scrambled eggs / bacon medallions / mushrooms / tomatoes. A tbsp of Heinz ketchup (50% less sugar) is free on No Count.
- Pancakes with low fat natural yogurt and fruit (using the No Count Pancake recipe above).
- Fresh fruit and low fat natural yogurt.
- Scrambled eggs on toast (with tomatoes and/or mushrooms).
- Baked beans on toast (with tomatoes / mushrooms / poached egg).
- WW wrap with bacon medallions, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Puffed wheat with skimmed milk or unsweetened almond milk and fresh fruit.
- Shredded wheat bite-size with skimmed milk or unsweetened almond milk and fresh fruit.