I hadn't tried overnight oats before joining WW and it took me a while before I did. The thought of cold oats wasn't very appealing but I find them so refreshing in the morning now that I make them most days. It doesn't feel like you're having the same breakfast because there are so many toppings you can choose from.
You can make overnight oats by layering the oats and yogurt but I prefer to mix the oats and yogurt together.
When I'm at home, I like to serve them with with something hot as I like the contrast between hot/cold. My absolute favourite topping is 'jammy blueberries' which are so easy to make and absolutely delicious!
No Count: Free
WW Freestyle: 3sp (using fat free natural yogurt)
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 30g oats
- 4 dessert spoons of low fat natural yogurt
- sugar-free syrup of your choice or a tsp of vanilla extract
- 150g blueberries
- Take a container with a lid. (You can find the one I use in 'Resource Ideas'.)
- Make the overnight oats the night before by mixing the oats with the yogurt and adding a squirt of sugar-free syrup. If you prefer not to sweeten by using this, add a tsp of vanilla extract.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- To make the jammy blueberries, put the blueberries in a pan and add a drizzle of sugar-free syrup (about 2 tsp).
- Bring to a simmer on a low heat and allow to simmer until the consistency thickens.
- Serve with the oats and any other fruit of your choice (or just on their own).