A delicious curry with lots of flavour. This whole meal is 2 points on No Count and 7 points if tracking (including the rice but not the bread).
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped,
- a tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes in herbs
- 200ml reduced fat coconut milk
- 150g spinach
- 400g king prawns
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for a couple of minutes over a low heat.
- Add the spices and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Next add the chopped tomatoes and stir through for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the spinach and simmer until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the prawns and cook for a further five minutes.
Served here with 50g of brown rice (dried weight) and ‘garlic bread’ – half a brown ‘thin’ sprayed with Frylight and coated in finely chopped garlic. Popped in the oven on 180C for 5 mins.
You could substitute the reduced fat coconut milk for unsweetened almond milk to make this free on No Count.