These burgers are so simple and you can make about 6; it’s up to you really – depends how big you want them! If you have spares, they freeze well (I froze mine cooked). You can use whatever spices you want, turmeric is also good and a pinch chilli flakes.
- two roasted sweet potatoes, scoop out the soft flesh
- medium portion of cooked brown basmati or wholewheat couscous
- onion, fry in calorie-controlled spray (or your allowance of healthy oil) until soft
- tin of black beans, strained and semi-mashed
- tsp ground cumin
- tsp smoked paprika
- tsp sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Set the oven to 180’C.
- Simply mix the prepared ingredients as above.
- Shape into burgers, spray with calorie-controlled spray and roast for 30-40 minutes. Turn gently after about 20 minutes. The burgers are cooked when they are nicely brown and crispy on the outside.