No Count Kedgeree
This was amazing with such a variety of flavours. It probably doesn't need the egg but then it wouldn't be kedgeree:-) It's free on No Count and 5sp if tracking.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (cut into thinnish pieces)
- 200g brown rice
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 green pepper (thinly sliced)
- 16 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 60g split red lentils
- 3 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 500ml fish stock
- Cook the rice separately - I usually boil brown rice for 30 - 40 mins so it's quite soft.
- Boil the eggs for 7 - 8 mins.
- Spray a wok or deep frying pan with Frylight and cook the onion and pepper for 5 mins.
- Stir in the curry powder and turmeric.
- Add 400ml of the stock, as well as the tomatoes and lentils, and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the fish and season. Add the remaining 100ml of stock if needed. Simmer for another 10 mins, or until the fish is cooked.
- Stir in the cooked rice and serve. Top each serving with an egg cut into quarters.