Here’s the first of this week’s dessert recipes: specially made for Yvonne who requested a dessert with rhubarb. I do have more rhubarb in the fridge so there’ll be another rhubarb dessert next week. (I called it ‘Rhubarb Surprise’ because I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to make beforehand.) This is a delightful summer dessert, at just 1 point each on No Count or 6 points each if counting.
Ingredients (makes 4):
- 250g rhubarb, cut into chunks
- 3 flat tbsp Splenda
- 150g oats
- 40g Flora light (4 points)
- 3 tbsp skimmed milk
- 200g 0% Yeo Valley crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp sugar-free Myprotein butterscotch syrup (optional)
- a tsp of ground ginger
- Put the rhubarb into a pan with 2 tbsp Splenda and 4 tbsp water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Drain off the liquid and place the rhubarb in a bowl to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the oats and Splenda together before rubbing in the Flora with your fingers.
- Add the milk and mix into the oat mixture.
- Divide the mixture into four metal rings and squash down. (See picture below.)
- Bake for 15 – 20 mins before taking out of the oven and allowing to cool – keep the metal rings in place.
- Divide the rhubarb mixture into the four rings and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Mix the crème fraiche with the sugar-free syrup and place on top of the rhubarb in the four metal rings. Place back into the fridge until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle ground ginger on top of each one. (You could use a different flavoured spice if you wish) and remove the metal rings.