This is absolutely delicious and just 1 point per serving! If tracking, it’s about 13 points (including 50g rice) – it depends on the cut of beef you use.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 lean beef steaks, cut into chunks
- 2 flat tbsp plain flour (4 points)
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 – 4 tsp hot chilli powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 200ml hot beef stock
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Splenda
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400g tin of red kidney beans
- ground black pepper
- Put the beef, onions and garlic in a slow cooker.
- Add the flour, cumin, coriander, chilli powder, paprika, salt and pepper, and mix it all together.
- Add the stock, chopped tomatoes, Splenda, red kidney beans and oregano. Season well again.
- My slow cooker is not slow at all, so I cooked this on Low for 4 hours.
Served here with brown rice and cauliflower rice.
You could use 500g beef mince (5% fat) instead of the beef steaks if you prefer. Just brown it before you put it into the slow cooker and you might need to add more stock as it is cooking.