I thought I’d share this recipe idea with you as I’ve just made it this evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. The meal works out at 2 points on No Count and 7 points if following WW Freestyle.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- a sachet of WW Teriyaki Sauce
- a yellow pepper, sliced
- a green pepper, sliced
- a red onion, sliced
- a handful of green beans
- a handful of chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- a tbsp olive oil (use a calorie-controlled spray if following WW Freestyle)
- 100g brown rice
- In the morning, leave the chicken pieces to marinate in the WW Teriyaki Sauce in the fridge.
- When you’re ready to begin cooking, boil a pan of water and cook the rice. (I usually boil brown rice for 30 – 40 minutes so that it’s nice and soft.)
- Heat a tbsp olive oil in a wok and cook the vegetables. When they are cooked to your liking, leave them on a plate while you cook the chicken and sauce in any remaining juices.
- Once the chicken is cooked, return the vegetables to the wok with 2 tbsp soy sauce. Cook for a further 3 – 5 minutes.
- Serve with the rice and enjoy!