Wow! This was delicious! I'm enjoying creating desserts with Ready Brek as it's an ideal substitute for flour if you're trying to make something resembling a sponge. It's very filling and an eighth of this is plenty.
It's just 1 point per serving on No Count and 4 points if following WW Freestyle.
Ingredients (serves 8):
- 200g Ready Brek
- 80g Flora light, melted
- 1 flat tbsp Splenda (or alternative sweetener for 0sp)
- 4 eggs
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 8 tbsp skimmed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 to 8 pear halves (I used tinned in natural juice)
- 8g flaked almonds (optional) 2g per person is free
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Put the Ready Brek, Splenda and baking powder into a bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the Flora, vanilla extract, milk and egg yolks. Mix this together and then fold into the Ready Brek mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites and fold this in too.
- Pour into a non-stick baking tin (mine is 9 inches in diameter) and add the pears – push them down slightly into the mixture. (I have since made this with more pear halves which is even better.)
- Sprinkle the almonds over the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 -30 minutes. (Check if it's cooked all the way through.)