There are lots of great Fish Pie recipes out there, but I just thought I'd try to make another as I love a fish pie! It didn't disappoint:-)
The whole dish is 2 points on No Count so I probably wouldn't use any of my weeklies for it. If following WW Freestyle, you would just have to weigh and point the potatoes used.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 eggs
- 200g cooked spinach
- 100g grated Protein cheese (25g each serving so no points per person)
- 2 pieces of cod
- 2 pieces of salmon
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 14 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 200ml skimmed milk
- 300ml fish stock
- 2 tbsp plain flour (2 points)
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Boil the potatoes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, put the fish in a deep frying pan and add the fish stock, milk, bay leaf and the two halves of onion (studded with the cloves).
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer. Take the cod out after a couple of minutes and the salmon after another couple.
- Strain the cooking liquid and slowly whisk in the flour.
- Return this liquid to a pan and bring to the boil until the sauce thickens. Season and stir in the mustard.
- Drain and mash the potatoes, add the two eggs, 50g of the cheese and the spinach. Season generously.
- Flake the fish into a baking dish, removing any skin, pour the sauce over it and top with the mash.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top and cook in a pre-heated oven on 180C (160C fan) for 30 minutes.