This is a really easy slow-cooker recipe for those busy days and is suitable for vegetarians, without the chicken. It is free on No Count or 5 points per serving if tracking (including the rice).
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts (you can cut these into pieces or leave them whole)
- 1 onion, chopped into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Small piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 200g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 400g tin of mixed beans, drained
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 100g tin of sweetcorn, drained
- salt and pepper
- 100g spinach
- Put all of the above ingredients, apart from the spinach, into the slow-cooker and stir.
- I cooked this on Low for 4 hours as my slow-cooker cooks a bit too fast!
- Add the spinach for the final 30 mins.
Served here with brown rice – a 50g portion if following No Count.