A lovely, spicy curry with added potatoes for a bit of a variety. This is free on No Count. If tracking, you would just need to point the potatoes you used.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped into chunks and seasoned
- 8 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- an onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- a small piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 – 3 chillies (depending on how hot you would like it)
- a cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- a tbsp garam masala
- a tsp turmeric
- a tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 400ml chicken stock
- a packet of green beans; chop them in half
- Spray a wok/deep frying pan with Frylight and cook the cinnamon stick, cloves and onion for 5 mins.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chillies (sliced) and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken, stock, spices and fresh coriander. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins, with a lid on.
- Add the potatoes and green beans, season well, and cook for a further 15-20 mins, or until the potatoes are cooked.