I’ve made this a few times now and it just tastes better each time I make it. It’s ideal for those cold winter months and an easy one to cook in a slow cooker. It is free on No Count. If tracking, you would just need to weigh the beef used as the other ingredients would be 0 points. You would also need to point what you served it with.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 4 beef medallion steaks, cut into chunks
- a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp MyProtein sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 16 olives, chopped (4 each are free)
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, sugar-free syrup, harissa paste, cinnamon, ras el hanout, olives and garlic.
- Put the beef in a slow cooker and pour the above mixture over it.
- Add the onion, and stir through. Season to taste.
- I cooked this on Low for 4 hours (my slow cooker is not that slow).
Served here with bulghar wheat and chickpeas:
200g bulgar wheat
400g can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
2 tsp vegetable bouillon powder
2 tsp coriander